所有顯示的時間為 UTC + 8 小時

發表新文章 回覆主題  [ 1 篇文章 ] 
發表人 內容
文章發表於 : 週二 7月 23, 2019 1:52 pm 
離線
會員

註冊時間: 週四 7月 18, 2019 4:54 pm
文章: 325
Here are five thoughts on the Toronto Raptors seven-game loss to the Brooklyn Nets in the first round of the Eastern Conference playoffs. 1. JOE JOHNSON (Nets): If I had to pick the guy that was the MVP on this Series, No doubt in my mind it was him. Forget his numbers for a second which were impressive to say the least. It had more to do with his presence and the inability for the Raptors to find a viable/consistent solution to overcome his vast talents. Bottom line, hes a very difficult cover and his strength, post skills, passing ability, creativity off the bounce and distance shooting make him a fascinating and gifted offensive player. Give him credit, He took on all the challenges and made the adjustments and was the difference in this series. 2. STATEMENT: Thanks again! You - the fans have made a wonderful statement across the North American sports landscape and in the NBA community that Toronto and the country of Canada is a growing and vibrant hoops hotbed and will be heard from for generations to come. Cant tell you the impression its made on folks all across the NBA. Utterly remarkable to say the least. Great Opportunity for Raptors President and GM, Masai Ujiri, to now build from a position of strength in his retention and recruitment efforts as he formulates his vision for the long term success of the franchise. A step forward. Long way to go though - yet you can start to see the light. 3. KYLE LOWRY: No idea what will happen with him regarding his future with the Raptors. Im hopeful they can work something out. Ill say this though, the man has really impressed me this season. Every day he left everything out there on the floor for you and competed like few players ever have in a Raptors uniform. For that, we should be grateful and impressed at the same time. Hes been a joy to watch this season and an inspiration to so many young players that can learn from his sheer will and effort that you can overcome a whole lot if you give it your all. He came up short but the man is a winner. Fingers crossed it all comes together and hes back in Toronto. 4. MARCUS THORNTON (Nets): In a Game 7, many times you need that guy that just comes out of left field that gets you over the hump particularly when youre the road team. Give coach Jason Kidd credit, he played a great hunch and it paid off huge dividends for him. His perimeter shooting, creativity, rebounding and overall explosiveness were the edge the Nets sorely needed to pull off the road win in a deciding game. He was lousy in the early part of the series after playing quite well since being acquired from Sacramento but Coach Kidd showed renewed faith in him and was justly rewarded for it. Joe Johnson was the MVP but he was the difference. 5. DWANE CASEY: Actions speak louder than words. Three years and each year his teams have gotten better and he has grown each year as a head coach. As good a coach as he is - and hes a very good one - hes an even better man. Class act. He did an outstanding job this year and when I reflect over the three year period he has been consistent and stayed true to his core beliefs which I truly respect. He led a team this year that had many limitations (as we could all plainly see in this Series) to 48 wins, an Atlantic Division title and came up a bit short to a much more experienced, talented and deeper Nets team. Yes - Were all bitterly disappointed in the loss of this series yet when you take time to reflect, this organization has a true leader who is bright, steady and wont be out-worked by anyone. When I evaluate a coach, I always point to year three as my barometer of where you truly judge them. Theyve had more than enough time to get things the way they want and now you want to see that vision unfold before you. He has proven beyond a shadow of a doubt in my mind that hes more than deserving of being the head coach of the Raptors and when I evaluate him against his peers Im quite impressed. As a former coach, I think I have a pretty decent feel when I compare/contrast coaches strengths/weaknesses and when I look at coach Casey I see a man who has rolled up his sleeves, paid his dues and is truly a right fit for the task of the challenges that lie ahead for the organization. Hes a coachs coach and I can tell you flat out that the men in his profession not only truly like him but all respect him tremendously. Happy for his success. Good man. Good things do truly happen for good people. Alex Avila Diamondbacks Jersey . Ted Ligety, Mikaela Shiffrin, Bode Miller and Tim Jitloff underlined the squads enormous potential on the Rettenbach glacier in Austria. Ketel Marte Diamondbacks Jersey . - New Orleans Saints general manager Mickey Loomis says the club has an agreement to bring back outside linebacker Parys Haralson on a one-year deal. http://www.diamondbackssale.com/diamond ... ey-jersey/. Phoenix got injured centre Emeka Okafor and a top-12-protected first-round draft pick in 2014 -- giving the rebuilding Suns potentially four choices in the opening round. The Suns also sent guards Kendall Marshall, Shannon Brown and Malcolm Lee to Washington so the deal will work financially. Archie Bradley Diamondbacks Jersey .com) - Markus Granlund scored the game-winning goal as the Calgary Flames used an early offensive flurry to defeat the Los Angeles Kings, 2-1, on Monday. Luis Gonzalez Jersey . The ninth-seeded Safarova doused Swede Johanna Larsson 6-2, 6-3 on the green clay at Family Circle Tennis Center. The Czech player was a finalist here two years ago and captured back-to-back doubles titles in 2012 and last year.GLENDALE, Ariz. - Playing with five healthy defencemen, the Minnesota Wild got a boost from their beleaguered power play.Zach Parise had a tying power-play goal late in the third period, and then scored in the shootout to help the short-handed Wild beat the sliding Arizona Coyotes 4-3 on Saturday night.Mikko Koivus shot into the roof of the net in the third round of the shootout won it, after Niklas Backstrom stopped Tobias Rieders attempt.The Wild, who entered an NHL-worst 1 for 44 on the power play in 14 road games, scored twice with the man advantage. Nino Niederreiter had a power-play goal in the first period and Jason Zucker also scored in regulation for the Wild,I thought we had some pretty good extended shifts, Parise said. They didnt give us a lot of room through the neutral zone and for us to come back and find a way to win was important just for the way things have been going for us lately.Arizona has lost five in a row and eight of nine. It was the Coyotes ninth consecutive home loss, extending the franchise record.But a spirited effort left coach Dave Tippett in a positive mood.If we play like that night in and night out, well get better results, Tippett said.Lauri Korpikoskis goal late in the second period put Arizona ahead 3-2.Oliver Ekman-Larsson and Antoine Vermette also scored in regulation for the Coyotes. Vermette scored the lone Arizona shootout goal, and Devan Dubnyk had 32 saves.Martin Hanzals goalie interference penalty provided an opening for the Wild in the third, a day after coach Mike Yeo tore into his team following a lacklustre stretch of 10 games alternating wins and losses.Minnesota responded, despite being short on skaters, and Backstrom stopped 26 shots.Jared Spurgeon was held out after falling ill in warmups. Yeo said it was the stomach flu and not the mumps, which has run through the team.With fellow defenceman Marco Scandella serving the final game of a suuspension and Keith Ballard (facial fractures) still sidelined, it made for extra duty for several players.dddddddddddd. Ryan Suter logged 33:13 of ice time.As much as anything else we talked about yesterday, we cant accept anything close, Yeo said. We were close for 55 minutes or whatever it was of the hockey game and we found a way to come back and win the game. Thats a big credit to the boys.Dubnyk, who was pulled in his last start, settled down after a shaky beginning against the Wild.With Joe Vitale in the penalty box for holding, Niederreiter redirected Suters point shot into the net at 2:48.Arizona tied it barely a minute later, also with the man advantage, on Ekman-Larssons one-timer from a cross-ice pass by Mikkel Boedker.Vermettes goal early in the second period — his shot going off and over Backstroms blocker — put Arizona ahead.Having last won at home on Nov. 4, Tippett shuffled his lineup while looking for a spark. Center Sam Gagner and defenceman Connor Murphy were healthy scratches. Kyle Chipchura, who was waived earlier this month, was elevated to the third line.Another player who has been sent down and called up recently made a key error that helped Minnesota tie it at 2.David Schlemko fanned on a blue-line clearance, leaving Zucker alone to slide a shot past Dubnyk despite Schlemkos slash from behind at 13:25 of the second.Dubnyk robbed Koivu with a glove save of a point-blank shot early in overtime.Eventually things will turn our way, Vermette said. The group effort was much better tonight.NOTES: Parise and Koivu are tied for the most career NHL shootout goals with 38 each. ... The Wild expect W Matt Cooke (lower body) to practice Monday. Hes missed 20 games. ... C Ryan Carter sat out with what the Wild called a minor upper-body injury. Stu Bickel replaced him on the fourth line. ... Arizona has allowed at least one power-play goal in eight straight games. ' ' '

回頂端
 個人資料  

顯示文章 :  排序  
發表新文章 回覆主題  [ 1 篇文章 ] 

所有顯示的時間為 UTC + 8 小時

誰在線上

正在瀏覽這個版面的使用者:沒有註冊會員 和 0 位訪客

不能 在這個版面發表主題
不能 在這個版面回覆主題
不能 在這個版面編輯您的文章
不能 在這個版面刪除您的文章
不能 在這個版面上傳附加檔案