所有顯示的時間為 UTC + 8 小時

發表新文章 回覆主題  [ 1 篇文章 ] 
發表人 內容
文章發表於 : 週一 7月 22, 2019 2:42 pm 
離線
會員

註冊時間: 週四 7月 18, 2019 4:54 pm
文章: 325
TORONTO – Mason Raymond doesnt much like talking about himself. "First of all, Im not a guy that [is] going to sit here and blab about myself," Raymond said in conversation with the Leaf Report, asked if he had something to prove this season. "You go and you play hockey. Thats the way it goes. Theres not much more to say than that." Fortunately for the Maple Leafs, his play on the ice has done all the talking. Raymond has 11 goals and 25 points in 37 games this season and is on pace to either match or exceed career-highs in goals, assists, points and ice-time. The 28-year-old has been one of the few bright spots in Toronto this season. Drafted and developed by the Canucks – he was a second round pick in 2005 – Raymond spent his first six NHL seasons in Vancouver. But he went unsigned by the organization this past summer and found himself without a job right up until the eve of training camp, a victim no doubt of the cap crunch in 2013 – which saw the caps upper-limit fall to $64 million. He landed with the Leafs on an unlikely pro tryout and was signed subsequently for a very modest $1 million on a one-year deal. The deal has proven a bargain thus far and his adjustment to Toronto – at least on the ice – has appeared seamless. "Sometimes change is good," said Raymond, who played 374 regular season games with Vancouver. "For me here, [Im] getting different opportunities, playing with some good players and playing minutes. "Id only known one thing – Id only known Vancouver," he continued. "I went from one city to this city; different coach, different players, different systems, different everything, so theres things to adjust to and thats part of being a pro and adjusting to it and learning." Raymond chalks up his exit from the Canucks to business, though he concedes that "youre out to prove that possibly they made a mistake in not signing you". "I was a free agent and they chose not to pursue with me anymore and so be it," he said. "Thats hockey and thats just the way it went." His addition, a strike for speedy depth initially, has been of considerable importance for the Leafs, who have struggled to find their way this season. Be it because of injuries – mostly down the middle – or suspensions, the club has needed every bit of offence it has received from Raymond, who sits third in team scoring, trailing only Phil Kessel and James van Riemsdyk. Among the more consistent and versatile options in the Toronto lineup, Raymond has not gone more than four games without a point and is tied for second in December scoring after leading the team in November. He is averaging what would be a career-high of more than 18 minutes. With the increased opportunity, Raymond is on pace to best the career year he had in 2009-10. That season, playing mostly alongside Ryan Kesler, he totaled 25 goals and 53 points, numbers hes in line to match or even exceed this season. Is he a better player now? "I like to think I have more experience and have learned from a lot of situations that Ive been through," said Raymond, his recovery from broken vertebrae in his back and a trip to the Stanley Cup Final in 2011 among the challenges and experiences. "All those things, any person will tell you in any aspect of life, having experience will help you in many situations." Raymond may not like "putting the spotlight" on himself, but the Leafs have to hope his play keeps doing it anyway. Tim Heed Sharks Jersey . The team also announced Tuesday that the Braves will wear a commemorative patch on the right sleeve during the season. The patch, shaped like home plate, carries the number 715, Aarons autograph and a "40th Anniversary" banner. Brenden Dillon Jersey . The injury could land Machado on the 15-day disabled list, but its not as serious as it looked on Monday night, when the third baseman crumpled in a heap at the plate after taking an awkward swing in a game against the New York Yankees. http://www.officialsharksnhlshop.com/me ... ey/.Murray has played 20 matches in five weeks, winning three titles to climb to fifth in the ATP Race.The two-time Grand Slam champion also seeks to qualify for next months ATP World Tour Finals.Murray said: I always wanted to qualify for it, but also I want to get back into the top 8 players in the world and it makes a huge difference for seedings in the major events. Aaron Dell Sharks Jersey . -- When Steve Blake checked in at the scorers table with 5:25 remaining in the third quarter, Stephen Curry shook his head and shouted across the court, asking Golden State Warriors coach Mark Jackson not to take him out. Martin Jones Sharks Jersey . And he said Sunday that players believe nobody in Sterlings family should be able to own the Los Angeles Clippers if hes gone.BALTIMORE -- New York Yankees right-hander Michael Pineda will come off the disabled list Wednesday and make his first start since his suspension for using pine tar on the mound. Pineda last pitched on April 23, when he was ejected from a game against Boston. He received a 10-game suspension from Major League Baseball for "possessing a foreign substance on his person." Pineda has been on the DL since May 6 with a right shoulder muscle injury. He returns to face the Orioles after making two rehabilitation starts for Triple-A Scranton-Wilkes-Barre. Pineda declared himself healthy and expressed an eagerness to put the suspension behind him. "I know I made a mistake, so I learned from that," he said in the New York clubhouse Monday. "Everything is in the past right now. I want to continue my career. Im focused on my game and Im focused on pitching. I said sorry to my team, sorry to everybody." Pineda is 2-2 with a 1.83 ERA in four starts. ";Im working hard, I was doing good, and I want to be ready for this situation," he said.dddddddddddd "Im happy." The Yankees considered giving Pineda another rehab start but decided he was ready to go. "We feel hes ready now," manager Joe Girardi said. "His stuff was good. His slider was good, his fastball was good, and his changeup was good. Youre never sure how when a guys rehabbing how the arm strength is going to be and how short theyre going to be, but he threw the ball well." Pineda returns at a time when the Yankees need a surge to make up a six-game deficit on first-place Baltimore in the AL East. "This is a guy that threw very well before he went on the DL and it will be nice to have him back," Girardi said. In other news, New York on Monday selected the contract of reliever Chris Leroux from Triple-A and optioned pitcher Bryan Mitchell, who made his major league debut against Cleveland on Sunday. ' ' '

回頂端
 個人資料  

顯示文章 :  排序  
發表新文章 回覆主題  [ 1 篇文章 ] 

所有顯示的時間為 UTC + 8 小時

誰在線上

正在瀏覽這個版面的使用者:沒有註冊會員 和 2 位訪客

不能 在這個版面發表主題
不能 在這個版面回覆主題
不能 在這個版面編輯您的文章
不能 在這個版面刪除您的文章
不能 在這個版面上傳附加檔案